OUTDOOR RINK – THIS FACILITY IS UNSUPERVISED
COVID 19 SAFETY
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
– Do not attend the site if you are in self isolation or symptomatic.
– To ensure everyone has the opportunity to use this facility. please limit use to no more than 40 minutes.
– No organized activities, games, practices, hockey games are permitted.
– Touch points are not sanitized.
– Indoor washrooms are closed. As an alternate, portable washrooms are available.
– No more than 25 people are permitted in this facility at any one time.
– Maintain a physical distancing – 3 meters (for those that are not from the same household).
– Do not enter if physical distancing requirement cannot be met OR if there are more than 25 people using the facility
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THESE REQUIREMENTS MAY RESULT IN CLOSURE OF THIS FACILITY
The Town has two outdoor ice surfaces located at the Wharf Sports Field at 1111 Bay St
- the opening of the outdoor rink is weather dependant, to form a base from which staff can flood, a large amount of snow that has more moisture in order to pack it is needed, followed by a number of cold weather days (-10 C or below) for at least a week
- staff monitor the weather conditions daily, and when they are favourable, try to flood the outdoor rinks
For more information, visit their website