Muskoka Signature Experiences, a collection of Muskoka’s must-do’s!
Although Muskoka is renowned for its stunning beauty, crystal clear waters and awe-inspiring sunsets, it is so much more than just a pretty place. From family attractions to outdoor adventures, live entertainment to culinary delights, if you are vacationing in Muskoka, you’ve got to try these experiences!
Muskoka is famous for its beautiful waterways, rivers and lakes. Discover our best side with one of these five paddling experiences.
- Try Muskoka’s most popular paddling experience on the Muskoka River with Liv Outside
- Find your Wild on Muskoka’s most famous river, the Big East River
- Paddle to one of Ontario’s most majestic waterfalls at Algonquin Outfitters Oxtongue Lake
- Get intimate with nature in Algonquin Park with guided tours from Algonquin Adventure Tours. You might even see a moose!
- Go paddling in world-famous Algonquin Park at The Portage Store
This is the easiest, most relaxing way to see Muskoka’s stunning scenery. Cruise the lake aboard one of these four boat cruise experiences.
- The ultimate Muskoka cruise experience aboard the Lady Muskoka
- A more enjoyable and intimate cruise experience in Muskoka with Sunset Cruises
- Authentic, elegant and family friendly cruises with the Muskoka Steamships & Discovery Centre
- The flagship cruise of world-renowned Georgian Bay, the 30,000 Island Cruise
Muskoka is a live entertainment hot-spot with top acts performing year after year. Experience live theatre or a rocking concert at one of these four great venues.
- Live theatre at Gravenhurst Opera House, the birthplace of summer theatre in Canada
- Peter’s Players, an intimate and wickedly unique Muskoka music venue
- Huntsville Festival of the Arts, presenting its 26th season
- The Kee to Bala, a summer concert tradition since 1942
Muskoka is outdoorsy and fun!
If YOU are outdoorsy and fun, then you are going to love these five adventurous experiences.
- Zip, swing and glide with Treetop Trekking, voted Ontario’s top outdoor attraction in 2017
- Ride Muskoka’s only self-guided bike trail adventure at Liv Outside’s Muskoka Riverside Trail
- Ride Algonquin Park’s Old Railway Bike Trail at Algonquin Outfitters’ Lake of Two Rivers
- See Georgian Bay from a whole new vantage point, high in the sky with Georgian Bay Airways
Experiencing Muskoka as a child can change your life. Fill your child’s summers with wonderment and awe at these four family attraction experiences.
- Family fun in KidZone at Muskoka Steamships and Discovery Centre
- Make family memories that last a lifetime at Santa’s Village
- Travel back in time at Muskoka Heritage Place
- Catch the SWS waterski shows across Muskoka, 4 nights a week
Fun for Grown-ups
Sometimes it is fun just to hang out with adults and do adult things. Try these three ‘more grown-up’ experiences.
- Take the award-winning Bog to Bottle Tour at Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh & Muskoka Lakes Winery
- Get pampered! Relaxation and comfort await at the Luxurious Spa Rosseau
- Visit the Dockside Festival of the Arts in Gravenhurst this August 17, 18 & 19
Muskoka has earned a reputation as a foodie destination, with talented chefs, creative dishes, great waterfront views and a commitment to fresh, local ingredients. Dine in cottage country with one of these six exceptional dining experiences.
- Enjoy fine country dining in one of Muskoka’s historic lodges, Severn Lodge
- Cruise and Dine on Lake of Bays with the SS Bigwin and Port Cunnington Lodge
- Take a boat ride to an unforgettable dinner in Algonquin Park at Bartlett Lodge
- Dine at Rocky Crest Golf Resort for farm fresh fare on the shores of Lake Joseph
- Dine at Sherwood Inn and experience culinary excellence in a sophisticated waterfront setting
- Indulge with a world-class 5-course gourmet dining experience at Couples Resort
Stay and Play