Although Muskoka is renowned for its stunning beauty, crystal clear waters and awe-inspiring sunsets, it is so much more than just a pretty place. From family attractions to outdoor adventures, live entertainment to culinary delights, if you are vacationing in Muskoka, you’ve got to try these experiences!
Muskoka is famous for its beautiful waterways, rivers and lakes. Discover our best side with one of these five paddling experiences.
- A local favourite, go stand up paddleboarding (SUP) on the Muskoka River with Liv Outside
- Paddle to one of Ontario’s most majestic waterfalls at Algonquin Outfitters Oxtongue Lake
- Get intimate with nature in Algonquin Park with guided tours from Algonquin Adventure Tours. You might even see a moose!
- Go paddling in world-famous Algonquin Park at The Portage Outpost. And stop in for some delicious eats at the Lake of Two Rivers Cafe and Grill
- Lake of Two Rivers Cafe and Grill! Hook a big one on a guided fishing tour with Liv Outside
This is the easiest, most relaxing way to see Muskoka’s stunning scenery. Cruise the lake aboard one of these four boat cruise experiences.
- The ultimate Muskoka cruise experience aboard the Lady Muskoka
- A more enjoyable and intimate cruise experience in Muskoka with Sunset Cruises
- Authentic, elegant and family friendly cruises with the Muskoka Steamships & Discovery Centre
- The flagship cruise of world-renowned Georgian Bay, the 30,000 Island Cruise
- Venture off the beaten path aboard the 40-passenger Islander vessel and take your Georgian Bay experience to a whole new level
Muskoka is a live entertainment hot-spot with top acts performing year after year. Experience live theatre or a rocking concert at one of these four great venues.
- Live theatre at Gravenhurst Opera House, the birthplace of summer theatre in Canada
- Peter’s Players, an intimate and wickedly unique Muskoka music venue
- Huntsville Festival of the Arts, presenting its 27th season
- The Kee to Bala, a summer concert tradition since 1942
Muskoka is outdoorsy and fun!
If YOU are outdoorsy and fun, then you are going to love these three adventurous experiences.
- Book a Treetop Treeking excursion and zip, swing, glide and trek through the Muskoka forest canopy
- Ride Algonquin Park’s Old Railway Bike Trail at Algonquin Outfitters’ Lake of Two Rivers
- See Georgian Bay from a whole new vantage point, high in the sky with Georgian Bay Airways
Experiencing Muskoka as a child can change your life. Fill your child’s summers with wonderment and awe at these four family attraction experiences.
- Family fun in KidZone at Muskoka Steamships and Discovery Centre
- Make family memories that last a lifetime at Santa’s Village
- Travel back in time at Muskoka Heritage Place
- Catch the SWS waterski shows across Muskoka, 4 nights a week
Fun for Grown-ups
Sometimes it is fun just to hang out with adults and do adult things. Try these three ‘more grown-up’ experiences.
- Take the award-winning Bog to Bottle Tour at Muskoka Lakes Farm & Winery
- Get pampered! Relaxation and comfort await at the Luxurious Spa Rosseau
- Visit the Dockside Festival of the Arts in Gravenhurst this August 16, 17 & 18
- Baysville Walkabout is a wonderful Arts & Crafts this July 17
Muskoka has earned a reputation as a foodie destination, with talented chefs, creative dishes, great waterfront views and a commitment to fresh, local ingredients. Dine in cottage country with one of these six exceptional dining experiences.
- Enjoy fine country dining in one of Muskoka’s historic lodges, Severn Lodge
- Cruise and Dine on Lake of Bays with the SS Bigwin and Port Cunnington Lodge
- Take a boat ride to an unforgettable dinner in Algonquin Park at Bartlett Lodge
- Dine at Rocky Crest Golf Resort for farm fresh fare on the shores of Lake Joseph
- Dine at Sherwood Inn and experience culinary excellence in a sophisticated waterfront setting
- Indulge with a world-class 5-course gourmet dining experience at Couples Resort