Muskoka’s favourite fall festival, October 18, 19 & 20, 2019
The Bala Cranberry Festival is a 3-day celebration of Muskoka’s beloved cranberry, and is one of the biggest harvest festivals in the country. With 3 full days of exceptional shopping, exciting entertainment, and culinary delights, it is one of Muskoka’s can’t miss events.
Always the weekend after Thanksgiving, the Cranberry Capital of Ontario has welcomed over 500,000 visitors to town over the last 30+ years. For a town with an estimated population of 700, that is no small feat.
If you have never been, you are in for a treat! The Bala Cranberry Festival is many things, but first and foremost, it is a fun-filled weekend for everyone. Over the years, the festival has grown into:
- A shopping destination, as one of Ontario’s premier arts and crafts shows
- An entertaining festival with a fall fair’ atmosphere. Live music, entertainers/performers and attractions all weekend long
- A family friendly event with kids’ entertainment, kids’ activities, attractions and more
What is new in 2018
- Saturday Night Cran Concert at the Kee to Bala will feature 3 great acts, for 1 great price
- Senior’s Day (Friday, Oct 18), will have 2 Elvis Tributes on the Maple Stage 12:30pm – 2:30pm (a free concert with festival admission)
- Family Day (Sunday, Oct 20) will have Jam Sandwich, Sawyer Bullock magician ordinaire, and Cindy Cook from Polka Dot Door from 10am – 12:45pm (a free concert with festival admission)
- MINI Midway – the festival will have three carnival rides throughout town for the family to enjoy. Rides are FREE with festival admission
The best way to experience the festival
The best way to experience the festival is to start at one end of the town and stroll your way to the other, taking in all of the vendors, attractions, entertainment and food along the way. Purchase that perfect piece for your home or cottage, or start your Christmas shopping early with thousands of unique gift ideas all at one location. You will most certainly be charmed by the town of Bala, and this unique festival that has taken on a life of its own.
A visit to Muskoka Lakes Farm & Winery should definitely be a part of your festival experience to get a true appreciation for this tart, red berry and how it shaped Bala. Take a guided marsh tour and sample local craft beers, ciders, and their very own cranberry fruit wines. You can even put on a pair of waders and head into the berries for an epic Instagram or Facebook photo.
You can take the in-town shuttles out the farm & winery, a free ride with festival admission.
Join us in celebrating the wonderful cranberry at the Bala Cranberry Festival, and experience one of Ontario’s truly remarkable events.