According to a recent article published by Expedia.ca, Muskoka is considered one of the best honeymoon destinations on the planet, going toe-to-toe with a who’s who list that includes Banff, Belize, and BC’s Sunshine Coast.
We’ve known for a while that Muskoka is one of Canada’s hidden gem romantic getaways, but it would appear that our secret is now out.
Heralded as a honeymoon destination across all-four seasons, Muskoka was credited for its stunning scenery and having no shortage of just the two of us activities to enjoy. Expedia suggested fun adventures for your honeymoon that included snowboarding at Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area in the winter, kayaking the Muskoka River with Liv Outside in the summer or sipping local flavours with Brew Tours or Muskoka Lakes Winery year round.The opportunities for fun together are literally endless! We’ve compiled a few more suggestions of couples activities that are both outdoorsy and exciting, and a perfect day spent together:
- Sunset Dinner cruise aboard the Lady Muskoka or Muskoka Steamships
- The famous Cruise and Dine with Port Cunnington Lodge & SS Bigwin
- Lake of Bays Scenic Drive driving tour, beautiful all year round but especially during the fall
- Romantic dinner date at Bigwin Island’s Marine Dining Room. Renowned for their culinary excellence, your dining experience includes a ferry boat ride to the island
- Zip line and aerial games course at Treetop Trekking for couples that love adrenaline
- Hike an island paradise at Georgian Bay Islands National Park
- Pampered couples treatments at one of our resort spas
- S’more date around the campfire, the quintessential Muskoka experience
- Live concert at the intimate Peter’s Players
- Peaceful boat ride of Muskoka’s famous lakes. Dock at one of Muskoka’s beautiful downtowns for an ice cream trip or a lunch date
- Arts at the Albion gallery tour in downtown Gravenhurst, a beautiful art gallery that showcases Muskoka’s many talented artists
- Sunset hike to Huckleberry Rock
One thing is certain, Muskoka is both beautiful AND fun, just like your new marriage!
Stay and Play
- Sherwood Inn, renowned for its quaint and authentic Muskoka charm, offers a Honeymoon Package that includes spa treatments, breakfast, and exquisite dining.
- Couples Resort near the eastern gate of Algonquin Park. They offer a Honeymoon Package that includes free massage treatments and a free horseback ride for two.
- Four Ninety Bed & Breakfast is a quaint and charming B&B with a 5-day honeymoon packages with discounted savings of $245.
- You can also browse through the many romantic getaway packages, and select one of these great resorts for your romantic retreat.