November 17 – December 23
What’s happening during the holidays in Muskoka? Look no further.
7 weeks until Christmas and over 25 holiday events happening across Muskoka. 📌 Save this guide for festivals, parades and markets you don’t want to miss 🎅🎄.
- Light up the Wharf: November 17
Embark on a shopping adventure like no other, as the Muskoka Wharf transforms into a winter wonderland of delightful treasures. Don’t miss the Christmas Market at the Muskoka Discovery Centre. Learn more
- Bracebridge Festival of Lights: November 17 –Enjoy some great shopping plus sing along to Christmas carols with Jam Sandwich! Indulge in hot chocolate and mail letters to Santa! Spread some cheer and bring a toy for the Salvation Army Toy Drive! Learn more
- Bala Parade: November 18 Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa will be here starting at 1pm in front of The Kee to Bala. Free ice skating follows at the Bala Arena. Learn more
- Pratt’s Christmas Market: November 18 Pratt’s Christmas Market has 14 amazing local vendors that will be featured at this year’s event. This is the perfect chance to get a head start on your Christmas shopping. Learn more
- Christmas Market at Lake of Bays Garden Centre: November 18 The greenhouses will be bustling with vendors, as well as a large group of vendors braving whatever weather comes our way in our outdoor vendor space. Learn more
- Santafest at Santa’s Village: November 18-December 23 It’s the most wonderful time of the year – in the most magical place in Muskoka! Once again, Santa and his Elves will be hosting a special Christmas Celebration here at Santa’s Village. Join us for an evening of Christmas Wonder – Walk the One Million Light Display, ride the Candy Cane Express Train, visit with Santa and more! Learn More
- Muskoka Arts & Crafts Market: November 24-26 Join Muskoka Arts & Crafts at The Chapel Gallery for our 2023 Holiday Market! We will have local musicians playing Holiday music, food & drinks by tickets, face painting, children’s craft table & an opportunity for family holiday photos with a custom MAC backdrop. Learn more
- Huntsville Parade: November 24 The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Rotary Club presents the Huntsville Santa Claus Parade! One of the only local parades to run in the evening, allowing spectators to enjoy an illuminated parade. Learn more
Hot Cocoa Trail: November 24 – December 1 Try some deliciously unique and creative hot chocolate inspired beverages and dishes by coffee shops, cafés, restaurants, and bistros. With each purchase of a signature Hot Cocoa Trail food item, fill out a ballot and enter to win one Downtown Dollars. Learn more
- Gravenhurst Parade: November 25 70th Annual Santa Claus Parade, an event that promises to transport you through time with this year’s captivating theme, “Marching Through Time.” Learn more
- Canvas Brewing Hoppy Market: November 25-26 Join them for a festive shopping experience with over 40 local artisans and unique gifts. Don’t miss out on the seasonal treats and crafts. Learn more
- Huntsville Holiday Market: November 25-26 Santa and Mrs. Claus will be there! The BIA will be decorating the streets in holiday cheer and have warming outdoor fire pits. Carolers and dancers, as well as an organized shopping experience for kids. You can expect giveaways and so much more! Learn more
- Build Holiday Baskets, Monday’s: November 27-December 4 & 11 Join the holiday spirit at Farmer’s Daughter! Create unique and thoughtful gift baskets at our exclusive shopping event! With those personal touches that make a unique and thoughtful gift. Learn more
- CPKC Holiday Train: November 29 CPKC Holiday Train (formerly the renowned CP Holiday Train) is roaring back to Mactier to commemorate its remarkable 25th season. Learn more
- Susan Gklukark Christmas: December 1 This Holiday season, celebrate with Susan Aglukark and her band at the Algonquin Theatre!Learn more
- Bracebridge Parade: December 1 The Rotary Club of Bracebridge Muskoka Lakes is proud to host the 2023 Bracebridge Santa Claus Parade on Friday December 1st starting at 6PM. Learn more
- Port Carling Parade: December 1 The Port Carling Lions Club Santa Claus parade December 2, 2023, This is a night parade starting at 6:30pm. Learn more
- Tales of the Nutcracker: December 2-3 Gravenhurst Opera House and Just 4 Kicks Academy of Dance are proud to present The Tales of the Nutcracker. Learn more
- Sawdust City Brewing Co: Holiday Market December 3: Have some holiday shopping to do. Sawdust City Brewing Co. is having a holiday market 12PM-5PM. You can browse through crafts, gifts, jewellery, home decor and so much more.FREE ADMISSION, food donation is encouraged. Proceeds to directly to Gravenhurst Against Poverty (G.A.P.
- Port Severn Parade: December 2 Come watch the Port Severn / Honey Harbour Santa Claus Parade starts at 1:00 PM. Meet the jolly man himself after the parade Pre-registration required.
- Christmas Shopping Event at Jack & Stella December 2 – 10: Jack & Stella will be OPEN for a Christmas Shopping Event this December 2-3, and 9-10! They will have coffees, cocktails, light bites and of course SHOPPING, with with pop-up vendors in Stella’s Closet. An RSVP would be appreciated, but not necessary for attendance.The time to visit the Christmas Shopping Event is 10AM – 4PM. Learn More
- MacTier Parade: Dec 3
Join the MacTier Lions Club in welcoming Santa and Friends to MacTier! Learn more
- Muskoka Men of Song: December 8 The 39th annual concert ‘LET THERE BE PEACE’ at the Gravenhurst Opera House. Learn more
- Bala’s Trek to Bethlehem: December 9 Follow the journey of Joseph and Mary on their first Christmas. A family event with refreshments at the end of the walk. Learn more
- Train to Santa: December 23 The Portage Flyer locomotive and authentic coaches have a thousand lights. Enjoy a cup of free hot chocolate and cookies (while supplies last) and sing along to the carols while you wait to board the train. Once on board, you will gently ride alongside the Muskoka River to The Purser’s Cabin. Santa is waiting to hear “your side of the story”. If you want to stay longer, you can always catch the next train back. Learn more
- Torchlight Parade at Hidden Valley Ski Area: December 24 An annual family-friendly favourite, the Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade can be viewed from the Chalet or the base of the Flying Dutchman. Watch our Snow School instructors and Ski Patrollers descend the Flying Dutchman carrying brightly lit torches in a beautiful procession of lights. Santa even joins in the Parade (you didn’t know he could ski, did you?). There will be children’s activities and live entertainment. Learn more