Nostalgic fun at a nostalgic price!
In the past two years, the resurgence of roller skating has become a popular pastime. Muskoka now has venues where you can enjoy a fun evening of either learning how to roller skate or get back into it after a lengthy hiatus. The Bala and Port Carling Arenas host indoor roller skating all summer long. Bala Sports Centre has public indoor roller skating every Monday, Friday and Saturday from 7pm to 8:30 pm. Port Carling Arena has public indoor roller skating on Tuesdays from 7pm to 8:30pm.
Before lacing up, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure to have cash on hand
- Bring socks that reach at least the ankle
- Pack a thirst quenching drink to stay hydrated
- Dress in activewear, you may work up a sweat!
- Bring a helmet if desired, helmets are not required at the arenas
- Take a small snack with you for afterwards
- Only $2.65 per person!
- Quad Skate Rentals – $2.65/Pair
Go solo, with a group of friends or as a date. A roller skating date can be playful, adorable and nostalgic at any age! Indoor roller skating is also a great option if the weather isn’t ideal for any outdoor adventures. If its your first time roller skating, take it slow until you get the hang of it to avoid injuring yourself or others around you.