Go skating under the light of hundreds of tiki torches
TRAIL UPDATE: The Ice Skating Trail will open for the 2020/2021 season in January and skating will be available from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm everyday. The Trail will be closed between 11:30 am – 1:00 pm for scheduled maintenance.
Please note that Arrowhead Provincial Park can get extremely busy during peak times (the weekend) and often reaches capacity. Plan ahead and check @ArroPark on Twitter for real-time capacity updates. Mid-week is often the best time to visit.
Please be responsible when enjoying winter at Arrowhead by continuing to follow public health advice. All visitors are asked to wear a mask or face covering when visiting indoor facilities, such as park offices, at the Visitor Centre, and washrooms. To reduce overcrowding and promote physical distancing, Arrowhead will not be hosting any Fire and Ice events this season.
Recently named one of 19 Stunning Natural Ice Skating Rinks Around the World by Travel+Leisure, the Ice Skating Trail at Arrowhead Provincial Park is best in class. This fairy-tale skate through the Muskoka forest is already a must-do, but the experience reaches another level when the sun goes down and the trail is lit up by hundreds of tiki torches.
The aptly named Fire & Ice nights at Arrowhead Provincial Park have become extremely popular over the years. Many skaters that have tried the now famous skating trail return to Huntsville for this magical skate under the stars.
Mark your calendars, and plan to visit during one of the 2020 Fire & Ice nights. These nights expect to be busy, so if you want to have a quieter skate plan for one of their Thursday nights.
All fire and ice nights run from 6pm – 9pm. Please note, on Fire and Ice nights the skate trail is closed for maintenance from 3pm until 6pm.
- Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- Saturday, January 4, 2020
- Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Thursday, January 16, 2020
- Saturday, February 1, 2020
- Friday, February 14, 2020
- Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Saturday, February 29, 2020
- Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Saturday, March 14, 2020
Very Important ‘Insider’ Information
- Fire & Ice nights are extremely popular. The Fire & Ice Nights on Thursdays expect to be less busy
- For latest updates on the Ice Skating Trail, check out Arrowhead Provincial Park’s daily update
- On Fire & Ice Nights, the Ice Skating Trail will be open from 11am – 3pm, and from 6pm – 9pm.
- Skate rentals available at the park for $10
- Helmets are recommended on the trail, but not mandatory
- Admission is $17 per vehicle Monday to Friday, $20 per vehicle Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
- Dogs are not permitted on the ice skating trail, or on cross country ski trails at Arrowhead Provincial Park. They are permitted on snowshoeing trails at the park
- Baby strollers with rubber wheels (no metal wheels) are permitted on the skating trail, as long as the parent is comfortable. Use of baby strollers on the trail is at parent’s own risk
Where to Stay
Check out these great accommodations nearby. From resorts to cottages to b&bs, there is a cozy room with your name on it!
- Cedar Grove Lodge
- Hidden Valley Resort
- Deerhurst Resort
- Comfort Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Rainbow Inn
- Trillium Resort & Spa
- Tally Ho Inn
- Colonial Bay Cottage Resort