Go skating under the light of hundreds of tiki torches
TRAIL UPDATE: The Ice Skating Trail is now open for the 2021/22 season!
- Check out the Ski Report on the Ontario Parks website (updated daily at 9:00 a.m.) for skate and ski trail conditions
- Follow Arrowhead on Twitter for live updates
Please be responsible when enjoying winter at Arrowhead by continuing to follow public health advice. All visitors are asked to wear a mask or face covering when visiting indoor facilities, such as park offices, at the Visitor Centre, and washrooms.
For more information and to pre-book, please click here.
Recently named one of 19 Stunning Natural Ice Skating Rinks Around the World by Travel+Leisure, the Ice Skating Trail at Arrowhead Provincial Park is best in class. This fairy-tale skate through the Muskoka forest is already a must-do, but the experience reaches another level when the sun goes down and the trail is lit up by hundreds of tiki torches.
The aptly named Fire & Ice nights at Arrowhead Provincial Park have become extremely popular over the years. Many skaters that have tried the now famous skating trail return to Huntsville for this magical skate under the stars.
Mark your calendars, and plan to visit during one of the 2022 Fire & Ice nights. These nights expect to be busy, so book your tickets in advance.
All fire and ice nights run from 6pm – 9pm. Please note, on Fire and Ice nights the skate trail is closed for maintenance from 3pm until 6pm.
Friday and Saturday evenings January 20th, 2022 – February 26th, 2022.
Click here to reserve your spot.
Very Important ‘Insider’ Information
- Fire & Ice nights are extremely popular. You must book in advance.
- For latest updates on the Ice Skating Trail, check out Arrowhead Provincial Park’s daily update on Twitter.
- On Fire & Ice Nights, the Ice Skating Trail will be open from 11am – 3pm, and from 6pm – 9pm.
- Rentals are available on a first come first serve basis. They frequently sell out on weekends, so arrive early to avoid disappointment. Rentals are offered in the rental building beside the Visitor Centre.
- Rental ice skates are $15.00 for 3 hours
- Helmets are recommended on the trail, but not mandatory
- The cost is $21 per day, per vehicle. If you’re looking to guarantee entry to the park, make sure to reserve your daily vehicle permit in advance online or by phone.
- Dogs are not permitted on the ice skating trail, or on cross country ski trails at Arrowhead Provincial Park. They are permitted on snowshoeing trails at the park
- Baby strollers with rubber wheels (no metal wheels) are permitted on the skating trail, as long as the parent is comfortable. Use of baby strollers on the trail is at parent’s own risk
Where to Stay
Check out these great accommodations nearby. From resorts to cottages to b&bs, there is a cozy room with your name on it!