There is so much fun to be had this Family Day weekend around Muskoka! With attractions and festivals lined up, there will be no shortage of memories being made across our winter wonderland!
Probably one of the most popular family activities on Family Day Weekend is taking a horse drawn sleigh or wagon ride through the stunning Muskoka back country. Back of Beyond Equine Centre
has a great family package that can accommodate up to 14, and Twin Maples Farm
offers wagon rides and carriage rides for up to 16 people at their farm. Book early because these spots will be snatched up soon.
Family Day Weekend is the perfect time to try the great Canadian pastime ice fishing
! The Ontario government designates Family Day Weekend, February 18 - 20, 2017, as a license-free fishing period to introduce Canadians to the sport.
- You can expect all of the ice skating trails to be busy throughout the family day weekend, as this activity has become the most popular winter activity in Muskoka!
- Dorset Snowball Winter Carnival is a fun-filled weekend for the family in the beautiful town of Dorset. The weekend hosts a bevy of winter activities such as a pancake breakfast, skating, chainsaw carving demo, horse-drawn wagon rides, wooden plank races, hockey shoot-out and more!
- Baysville Winterfest - Taking place on Monday of the Family Day weekend, this one day festival in Baysville has tons of fun activities for the kids. The day starts with a pancake breakfast at the Lion's Club, followed by kid's crafts, free skating, a magic show, outdoor games & activities and much more!
More Great Family activities across Muskoka:
Indoor Public Skating All Weekend Long:
- Gravenhurst Winter Carnival - Gravenhurst's amazing winter carnival kicks off on Sunday, February 19! This can't miss winter festival is now 7 days long, meaning even more family fun!
- Bala Sports Centre - Saturday 7pm to 8:20pm (Free), Sunday 1pm to 2:20pm ($2.75 per person), Monday 1pm to 2:20pm (Free)
- Port Carling Arena - Saturday 7:30pm to 9pm ($2.75 per person), Sunday 1:30pm to 3pm (Free), Monday 1:30pm to 3pm (Free)
- MacTier Memorial Arena - Monday 4:30pm - 5:30pm (Free)
- Gravenhurst Centennial Centre - Monday 10am to Noon (Free)
- Bracebridge Arena - Monday 1pm to 2:40pm (Free) Sponsored by Muskoka Old Timers Hockey Club
- Huntsville Canada Summit Centre - TBD
- Lake of Bays Community Centre, Baysville - Monday 2pm - 4pm (Free)