For the week of September 9 – 15, 2019
The competition is heating up on the Muskoka River at the Muskoka River X paddling race, with 3 great events including the longest single-day expedition paddling race in the world. Ride into the weekend at the Bracebridge Fall Fair and Horse Show with many great events for the whole family. Cruise through the beautiful fall colours on the Fall Music Dinner Cruise. Fill your stomach at the much loved Macaroni Festival. Become amazed as you watch the stunts and performers at the Muskoka Buskers Festival.
Read on to learn a little more about each event.
Muskoka River X
The summer may be cooling down, but the competition is heating up on the Muskoka River! Watch the three races take place as teams battle with their paddles September 13 – 15. Races range from 58 km to 223 km.
- Muskoka River X Sprint, 58 KM. Sprint Teams will paddle 58km of the North branch of the Muskoka River starting in Penninsula Lake, through Port Sydney before ending their journey in Bracebridge.
- Muskoka River X Classic, 133 KM. The world’s longest single-day expedition paddling race. Starting in Penninsula Lake, teams paddle the North branch of the Muskoka River through Port Sydney to Bracebridge. Then they paddle upstream on the South branch of the Muskoka River to Baysville, finishing the race on Penninsula lake.
- Muskoka River X Coureur des Bois, 223 KM. Teams travel along the heritage routes of the Algonquin Peoples and early explorers as they traverse Algonquin Park east to west from Whitney to Oxtongue Lake. Using only the supplies that were carried teams will overnight in a wilderness camping setting at Oxtongue before merging with the Muskoka River X Classic B-Side for a second full day of paddle racing.
Bracebridge Fall Fair & Horse Show
From carnival rides, to competitions in crafts, livestock, and equine, to live entertainment, and delicious food – there’s something for everyone at the Bracebridge Fall Fair. A lot is happening from September 13 – 15 at the Bracebridge Fairgrounds, so check out the schedule to make sure you get to your favourite events!
Fall Music Dinner Cruise
It’s time to seas the day and the Muskoka fall colours on the Fall Music Dinner Cruise. On September 14, cruise around Lake Muskoka on the Wenonah II with two great bands: The Traveling Milburys and Justin Saladino Band, all while enjoying the buffet-style dinner. The cruise runs from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM (boarding at 5:30 PM), costs $135 per person, and starts at the Gravenhurst Wharf.
Muskoka Buskers Festival
Macaroni Festival?! You gouda brie kidding me! You heard that right, the second annual Macaroni Festival is happening September 14, so get that appetite ready. Get your vouchers from the ticket booths and make your way to the participating restaurants to sample delicious mac n’ cheese from 11 AM – 3 PM.
Don’t miss these great events during the festival:
- Pie eating contest @ 1:00 PM at Town Hall, brought to you by Whimsical Bakery & Seven Main Cafe
- Mac n’ cheese contest @ 2:00 PM at Town Hall, people’s choice and judging panel
- Party & Grand Winner Announcement @ 3:00 PM at Town Hall
Muskoka Buskers Festival
The ALL NEW Muskoka Buskers Festival is here in downtown Huntsville! This event is fun for all ages, so enjoy with the whole family. There will be fantastic vendors fully stocked with tasty treats and spectacular stunts put on by some of the world’s most incredible and unique Buskers.
Stay and Play