For the week of September 23 – 29, 2019
It’s an eventful week in Muskoka! Bid on masterpaddlepieces at the Algonquin Outfitters’ Paddle Art Auction. Satisfy those cravings at What’s Cooking Bracebridge. Embrace the local artists at the Muskoka Autumn Studio Tour and Culture Days Muskoka. Run towards a tasty craft beer at the RunTOBeer.
Read on to learn a little more about each event.
Algonquin Outfitters’ Paddle Art Auction
Bidding in the Algonquin Outfitters’ Charity Paddle Art Auction is open online until September 29, where the first item will close at 6:00 PM until they are all sold. This is your chance to bid on 182 creative paddles by amazingly talented local artists! Proceeds from the auction go to the Algonquin Art Centre, Artists in Schools, Oxtongue Lake for Arts and Culture, Tom Thomson Gallery, and the Town of Huntsville‘s reserved fund for future public art acquisition.
The auction is taking place online. There will also be two paddle viewing events at the Algonquin Theatre for your chance to look at the beautiful paddles, with live entertainment and Lake of Bays Brewing free craft beer sampling!
- Friday September 27 @ 3:00 – 6:00 PM
- Saturday September 28 @ 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
What’s Cooking Bracebridge
It’s a food and fun-filled weekend in Bracebridge. Spend the weekend enjoying 3-course prix-fixe specials throughout town at participating local restaurants and culinary hotspots!
- Friday treat yourself to an oyster or two at Muskoka Brewery, enjoy a lunch n’ learn with local chef Charmaine Broughton, and take in live music playing in many of Bracebridge’s restaurants and pubs.
- Saturday the What’s Cooking Bracebridge’s Food & Drink Festival is back on the iconic Silver Bridge in downtown Bracebridge from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. There will be live music, delicious demos, food & beverage vendors, and interactive activities for all!
- Sunday serves up another series of culinary experiences. From a foraging hike to a bread baking workshop.
Muskoka Autumn Studio Tour
Call on your creative side as you experience artists in their “natural” Muskoka environments (AKA their studios) during the Autumn Studio Tour!
The artists here in Muskoka use the autumn inspiration to delve into the remarkable realm of colour, form, texture, and design. There’s always something new to discover, from well designed functional items to expressive art. Just use this map to help plan your route through Muskoka’s art studios.
Culture Days Muskoka
Ontario Culture Days will be a vibrant weekend of expression to explore the intersections of creativity, the arts, and well-being across Muskoka. Visit different artisans, participate in a workshop, yoga classes, music, museums, and tours. Try time traveling at the Muskoka Lakes Museum, or participate in a free Stone Amulet Carving workshop with sculptor Elise Muller at the Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery. There are so many events happening across Muskoka, so check out the map to see what you’d like to participate in!
Run over to Muskoka Brewery for the RunTOBeer. There will be a 5km run around Bracebridge followed by a fresh pint, brewery tour, and games! The run starts at 11:30 AM and is followed by a Beer & Brewery Tour.
Stay and Play