And it is as amazing as it sounds!
Fire and Ice Festival in Downtown Bracebridge made its debut in 2016, and has been the talk of the town ever since. I guess that is what happens when you bring 50 truckloads of snow onto your main street to make one of the most amazing tubing hills ever created!
The festival will be making its triumphant return on Saturday, January 27, 2018, and you can expect Bracebridge to once again be crowned the ‘coolest downtown in Canada’ when it is transformed from its quaint and charming core into an epic tubing hill for all to ride!
This one-day festival goes from 9am – 9pm on Saturday, January 27, 2018 and is one of the most family-friendly events of the year.
Expect the downtown to be a popular destination this day. Here are a few tips to help you beat some of the crowds:
- Take a shuttle bus from one of the satellite parking lots
- The busiest time of day is likely 11am – 2pm
- All of the excitement including the tubing hill goes right until 9pm, and there is even a fireworks display at night. Consider visiting downtown in the evening to avoid the crowds
There are a ton of great family activities you can expect throughout the day:
- Downtown tube run
- Ice skating at Memorial Park Winter Village
- Fire and Ice busker shows
- Kids Carnival Game Zone
- Ice Carving Demonstrations
- Kids Fun Dash
- Fireworks courtesy of the Bracebridge Rotary Club
- and much more!
- Find a full list of the day’s family friendly activities here
The Fire Guy is a crowd favourite, and has numerous shows throughout the afternoon
Bring your skates for the Memorial Park Winter Village skating rink and admire the beautiful ice sculptures
Stay and Play!
With typically lower hotel rates in January, this weekend is the perfect opportunity for families to escape to Muskoka for some quality time together that is not far from home!
Check out rates at Bracebridge Accommodations:
- Patterson Kaye Resort
- Inn at the Falls
- Wellington Inn
- Sleep Inn Muskoka
- Travelodge Bracebridge
- Quality Inn Bracebridge
Check out rates at nearby accommodations within a 25 minute drive: