February 10, 2018
There is a new event in town and it is the coolest event on two wheels! The Bike Shops (Huntsville and Gravenhurst) and Deerhurst Resort are presenting the 1st Annual Muskoka Winter Mountain Bike Festival, February 10th, 2018 at Deerhurst Resort. If you enjoy winter mountain biking (aka fat biking), winter adventures and getting away for a weekend, this event needs be on your to-do list this winter.
The festival is shaping up to be fun for all ages and fun for all skill levels. The main event will feature winter mountain bike races for kids, newbies and experienced racers, while post-event festivities include live entertainment, bonfire, demos, beer sampling and chili. Fat biking and fun festivities, together at last!
- Need to rent a fat bike for the race? Algonquin Outfitters, Deerhurst Resort and The Bike Shop all have rentals available (first come, first serve)
- The race course features 11km of machine groomed trails highlighting Muskoka’s natural beauty and terrain. The start, finish, and trails are all at Deerhurst Resort
- There will be three races; 1pm (experienced racers), 2pm (newbies) and 3pm (kids race). Anyone is welcome to attend the race and cheer on the participants. Wristband ($10) is required for post-race festivities
- Post-race festivities include an award ceremony, bonfire, live entertainment, and chili and beer sampling. Post-race festivities are included in racer’s registration fees, and non-race participants may purchase a wristband for $10
- Click here for registration information and pricing
Turn it into a Weekend Getaway
If you are registering for this race, you should definitely turn your weekend into a fun-filled winter getaway. Deerhurst Resort is offering a special room rate for event participants so you can ride all day and enjoy everything the resort has to offer afterwards:
- Cozy and modern accommodations. If you want to have a fireplace to cozy up to after your race, ask a reservations agent about your accommodation options
- Spa services so you can pamper yourself after your race
- Winter Activities on-site including ice skating, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
- Slip away to try the famed Arrowhead Ice Skating Trail. Only five minutes from the resort this skating trail was named one of 19 Stunning Natural Ice Skating Rinks Around the World by Travel+Leisure
- In the evening of February 10, Deerhurst Resort will be hosting their 2nd Annual Untapped with Muskoka Blues Connection, an evening where craft beer, talented musicians and locally inspired food all come together for a memorable night. Tickets are still available!
What are you waiting for? Click here to register for the event