And it is as amazing as it sounds!
Fire and Ice Festival in Downtown Bracebridge made its debut in 2016, and has been the talk of the town ever since. I guess that is what happens when you bring 50 truckloads of snow onto your main street to make one of the most amazing tubing hills ever created!
The festival will be making its triumphant return on Saturday, January 28, and you can expect Bracebridge to once again be crowned the ‘coolest downtown in Canada’ when it is transformed from its quaint and charming core into an epic tubing hill for all to ride!
This one-day festival goes from 9am – 9pm on Saturday, January 28, 2017 and is one of the most family-friendly events of the year. Aside from the tubing hill, there are a ton of great family activities you can expect throughout the day:
- Pancake breakfast at the Bracebridge Fire Department
- Ice skating at the Memorial Park Winter Village
- Roasting marshmallows at the outdoor fire pits
- Winter magic shows throughout the afternoon
- The Fire Guy shows throughout the afternoon
- Meet with Elsa & Anna from Frozen
- Ice carving demonstrations
- Scavenger hunts, giant board games, and drop in kids’ crafts
- Find a full list of the day’s family friendly activities here
The Fire Guy is a crowd favourite, and has numerous shows throughout the afternoon
Bring your skates for the Memorial Park Winter Village skating rink and admire the beautiful ice sculptures
Stay and Play!
With typically lower hotel rates in January, this weekend is the perfect opportunity for families to escape to Muskoka for some quality time together that is not far from home!
Check out rates at Bracebridge Accommodations:
- Patterson Kaye Resort
- Inn at the Falls
- Wellington Inn
- Sleep Inn Muskoka
- Travelodge Bracebridge
- Quality Inn Bracebridge
Check out rates at nearby accommodations within a 25 minute drive: