Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery
Welcome! For over 34 years the Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery has provided a unique shopping experience right in the heart of Muskoka. We offer an exquisite selection of original art and fine craft by artists and artisans from across Canada.
Early Fall: closed Wednesdays between Labour Day and Canadian Thanksgiving; Fall: open weekends Thanksgiving to Christmas and the week of December 16 – 20, 2013; Winter: closed Christmas to Victoria Day weekend; Spring: open weekends only; Summer: open daily between Canada Day weekend and Labour Day
A Canadian original
The Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery had a humble start in 1979 when artists Geraldine Slater and John McConnell nailed their artwork on the fence in front of their summer log cabin. Today, we represent more than 85 of Canada’s most gifted craftspeople and artists and offer one of the most eclectic selections of fine Canadian craft north of Toronto.
The Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery is a “must stop” for both locals, visitors and seasonal cottagers as it continues to delight new guests from around the block and around the world.
Come see for yourself…
- pottery (wheel, slab & jewellery)
- glass (stained, slumped & blown)
- jewellery (sterling, stainless, niobium and our own Muskoka Collection)
- wood (turned, cut and carved)
- original art (watercolour, acrylic, woodblock prints & etchings)
- metal (indoor & outdoor art)
- leather (bags, accessories, comfy slippers & jewellery)
- and more (including projects for kids!)
- gift certificates and wedding registries are available
- Algonquin Park
- Artist Studios
- Bird Watching
- Points of Interest
- Sports Bar